Meeting of Technology Transfer Offices of the Region
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is organizing, in cooperation with the State Intellectual Property Office of the Republic of Croatia (SIPO) and University of Zagreb, a Sub – Regional Workshop for Technology Transfer Offices, to be held in Zagreb, Croatia, on September 5 and 6, 2013. The event is co-organized by Department for Transition and Developed Countries (TDC) and Innovation Division, WIPO.
The purpose of the meeting is primarily to increase and prompt the communication and connections between Technology Transfer Offices in the region, to use this opportunity to discuss relevant issues and challenges that TTOs in the sub region are facing with and to adopt, if possible, the best practices as a kind of guideline.
Additionally, the objective of the seminar is the capacity building on strengthening of innovation system infrastructure and policy for the universities and research institutions.
• Mr. Olivier Eulaerts, Head of Sector, IP and Technology Transfer, Joint Research Center (JRC), European Commission (EC), Brussels
• Mr. Alessandro Fazio, Policy Officer, IP and Technology Transfer, Joint Research Center (JRC), European Commission (EC), Brussels
• Mr. Ulf Petrusson, Director, Center for Intellectual Property (CIP), Chalmers University, Göteborg, Sweden.
• Mrs. Olga Spasic, Head, Innovation Structures Section, Innovation Division, WIPO, Geneva
• Ms. Vlatka Petrović, Head, Technology Transfer Office, University of Zagreb
• Ms. Romana Matanovac Vučković, Faculty of Law, University of Zagreb
• Mr. Mario Cindrić, Head, Laboratory for System Biomedicine and Centre for Proteomics and mass spectrometry, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb
• European Universities and Horizon 2020 EU Innovation Strategy
• Challenges that Sub-Regional Universities and PROs are Facing in the area of IP Commercialization
• European TTO Circle – Model for TTO Regional Collaboration
• New Trends in Knowledge Management in Universities and Research Institutions.
• Potential Ways of Fostering TTO Collaboration in the Sub-Region of South East Europe
• IP Institutional Policy
• Structure of TTO and IPR Management Processes
• Marketing Research Results – How to Identify Industry Partners and
• Best Practices in the Subregion
• How to Negotiate your Licensing Deal
The event will be held in English. No translation is foreseen.
If you require any assistance you are invited to contact Mr. Davor Plavsic, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , tel: +385 99 4698 174.
WIPO contact: Ms. Silvija Trpkovska (e-mail: email@example.com).
Please note that the venue of the seminar will be at the premises of the University of Zagreb, address: Ulica kralja Zvonimira 8, 10000 Zagreb.